When you want to install custom ROM, one of the prerequisites is unlocking the bootloader. The bootloader is basically a set of code which runs before the operating system. It mainly contains different ways to boost OS kernel contain the commands for modifying the ‘kernel environment’. The manufacturers mainly lock the bootloader to keep you
away from installing Android custom ROM.
When you own an Android One device, here are some suggestions which you can follow in order to unlock bootloader on your mobile device. You should remember that once you unlock the bootloader, you will have to get rid of the warranty of your mobile device. So, you need to take a wise decision. The company will never take the responsibility for any damage on your mobile device. So, you have to proceed at your own risk.
Unlocking Bootloader on Your Android One Device
You need to remember some of the important factors before unlocking the Bootloader on your Android One mobile device.
You should backup your phone’s data before starting as unlocking the bootloader which will wipe the data stored on your mobile device. So, you have to know how to backup all the data on your Android mobile.
- You have to install the latest USB drivers for your device.
- Next, enable the mode USB debugging by going to the settings which will lead you to developer options and finally to the USB Debugging.
- Make sure the battery of your device is 80% charged before you proceed.
- First, you have to download and extract Bootloader Unlocking Script of your Android One on your PC.
- Next, you have to connect any device to the PC by using OEM USB data cable. Make sure that it’s detected and if not, then you have to download and install the USB properly for your device on PC.
- Run the ‘android-one-bootloader-unlock.bat’ file on PC.
- Never disregard the on-screen instructions.
- One this is done, finally you have unlocked bootloader successfully.
Tips for Troubleshooting
When you are facing any difficulties during the process, then you have to install the latest drivers for your device. After installing the proper driver still you can’t get your device connected to your PC, then you can try some of these little tricks.
- Reboot computer.
- You can connect your device to other USB ports on your PC.
- Try on any other computer.