After the introduction of Touch ID in the iOS devices the users became more dependable on it and prefer to use this Touch ID over the home button. Touch ID is the fingerprints authentication technology that scans the fingerprints when it comes in contact and takes a high resolution picture which is encrypted and saved in a chip. Now it says yes if the fingerprints is recognized or else the response is ‘no’. Suppose you have opened an application on your iPhone 5s or iPhone 6 and want to go back to the home page. This requires you to press the home button to point the touch ID that you want to go back. Once you are used to the touch ID it is difficult to use the Home button.
Virtual Home is a jailbreak tweak that allocates all the functions of home button to touch ID and this touch ID can does the work of Home button. iPhone 6 runs on iOS 8 which supports the virtual home tweak that is you can use virtual home for iOS 8 to use Touch ID as home button.
Here is a guide to use Virtual home for iOS 8 to use Touch ID as home button:
This is a very easy process which requires just downloading of the tweak and making use of it.
- First, the important thing is that you should have a jailbroken iPhone for installing the Virtual home.
- Now open the cydia.
- Search for the Virtual home in the search bar.
- Install this tweak in your iPhone 6.
- Once the installation is completed go to the settings.
- Head to virtual home settings from there.
- Now change the settings as per your need and use the Virtual Home for iOS 8 to use Touch ID as a home button.