Mozilla has announced that Firefox for the iPad, iPod and iPhone touch to be released in near future. Now the ‘experience version’ of the Firefox has been released, which you can also enjoy on the iOS device in the year 2015. How can you install Firefox to the iOS devices?
Firefox uses the browser data which has been synced on your desktop which will allow you to search and browse efficiently and quickly. You can also view the websites that you want directly in the Firefox. Open these in the Mobile Safari or you can share them with your friends through email. Your Firefox data will be private and only you will be able to access it.
In the past years, Mozilla opposed the release of Firefox for iPad and iPhone app just because Apple needs third party browsers in order to use its web engine named WebKit. Moreover, Apple can make the changes to the web engine WebKit on iOS 8 which allow for the web users in order to have great performance as Mozilla, Mobile Safari which finally brought Firefox to the iOS.
How to Install Firefox for ?
- You can install Firefox Sync and also a free add-on for Firefox
- Restart Firefox and then follow the prompts in order to create an account with a secret phrase and a password.
- Next, you have to go to the AppStore on your iPhone or you can install from iTunes
- The iOS devices are jailbroken in order to install the Firefox for the iOS. Also there’s a need to install the tweak AppSync Cydia.
- Next, you have to add http://cydia.angelxwind.net to the Cydia source, search for the AppSync Unified and install it.
- You will also come across Fennec app logo. This is Firefox for both iPad and iPhone app. Tap on in order to use Firefox for iOS.
- You should also need to keep in mind that this is the experience version of Firefox. You will experience unstable or functional problems.