BSNL and MTNL are the two main broadband service providers in metropolitan cities of India. While on one hand they have some of the most cost conscious and affordable Internet plans in their artillery, but users often come up with complaints regarding Slow Internet Downloading Speed. This limits the potential users because of the bad speed.Addressing the same problem, we are providing you with some of the Tips and Tricks of Increasing Download Speed in MTNL (Mahanagar Telephone Nagam Limited) & BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited).By using the following tips you can surely boost your Browsing as well as download speed.
Method 1: Removing the Reserved Bandwidth Cap
Windows generally reserves 20% of the bandwidth available through the Ethernet Interface.By reducing this reservation limit or completely removing it we can use all the bandwidth that have been allocated to us. Follow the below mentioned procedure:
- Head straight to Start -> Run
- Here in the Box you have to type “gpedit.msc” which will open the group policy editor.
- Look for “Local Computer Policy” -> “Computer Configuration” -> “Administrative Templates” -> “Network” -> “QOS Packet Scheduler” -> “Limit Reservable Bandwidth.”
- Now, you need to double-click on the option titled “Limit Reservable Bandwidth” and change the value from 20 to 0.
- This will help in gaining bandwidth thereby Increasing MTNL/BSNL Broadband Speed.
Method 2: Changing the Default DNS Servers
DNS or Domain Name Servers map the alphanumeric domain or website names to the actual IP Address of the Server where they are actually located. MTNL/BSNL default name-servers are often sluggish and unresponsive which directly leads to very high loading time when you open a website.To remove this you have to change the Default nameservers of BSNL/MTNL network by the following means:
- Head to Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center/Network Connections -> Open “Local Area Connection” and click on “Properties” button.
- Now click on “TCP/IP” and in the DNS address fields, replace the current DNS servers with the following two addresses.”126.96.36.199” “188.8.131.52“.You can also also Google DNS Servers which are “184.108.40.206” and “220.127.116.11”
3. Click “OK” and restart the Internet connection.
In case of any difficulty you can always comment below. We are pretty sure that these tips will help you Increase BSNL/MTNL Downloading Speed in Windows XP/Vista/7/8.